Writer Day 28: Heroes

"I think a hero is really intent on making this world a better place for all people."
-Maya Angelou


Hello Scribes,

What in your opinion makes a hero? We have heard a lot of news lately about heroes doing miraculous things to save lives and in the process put their own lives on the line. We may gawk at some of the things heroes do, but I believe we all have a hero waiting for us to let it free.

I could name many people in my life who have given their lives as military spouses, military workers, police, teachers, fire fighters like my friend Oscar, even every day people who see a need and fill it without being asked. A hero to me is someone who does the right thing to make a way for someone else, even if it means making the ultimate sacrifice. For those heroes, I am deeply grateful. 

For our challenge today, write a poem about a hero. Use words colors and sound words to describe your hero (heroes). Why is this person or persons someone that you consider a hero?

Many have come with swooshing winds behind them
Swooping me up into blue skies
Whisking me away into new paradigms, safer places, better realities
My heroes.
Thank you for lifting me with your strong arms, rebuking me with your stern words,
Hiding me behind your prayers and protecting me from the fiery red darts being tossed at me.
Heroes too many to name
I remember your sacrifices when I was undeserving, unsettled and unprepared.
I owe my legacy to your pure white hope for me.


Girl, Pray for Me and reflect on your heroes.

PLJ

Comments