#NowNovember: Now I will Revisit my Goals

Hello Scribes,

Every January I have been enthusiastic about creating resolutions for the new year. I have tried everything from creating one word declarations to making gargantuan resolution lists to capture my personal and professional goals. Most years I am unsuccessful in accomplishing ALL of the resolutions on my list. Even though my lists have been well-intentioned, some of my goals were not realistic and that left me disheartened and frustrated by July. Usually in August I was rushing to reevaluate what I have scratched off of my list and trying to get back on track so that by December 31st, I was able to celebrate something before I did it all again. 

Last year I decided to try something different, I hosted a vision board party with a few friends at my home. We shared in a potluck of good food while we snipped at magazine clippings and glued them to our vision boards. I created a spiritual vision board which meant that I looked through the magazines and cut out only pictures that meant something to me. Most of my pictures were words that became the cover for my portfolio that I carry at work. It has only three pictures, Tyler Perry, Wilma Rudolf and Maya Angelou. But the words, are reminders to be courageous, have vision, be excellent and write.

Some of my friends have actually begun to live their true goals since that night. A couple moved out of Pennsylvania to start new lives. Others have gone back to school and started new jobs. The party was fun, but it was also a great time for me to get to know my friends differently. I learned about specific goals that they wanted to accomplish such as having a six-figure job, starting a business, motherhood and career changes. We discussed things as we shared our vision boards that made us cry with each other and laugh out loud. 

One friend even started to write a play while we talked, (how is Zenobia Peaches?) it was an amazing experience to see her gifts unlocked. Because that party was in November 2014, I wanted to deem this month, #NowNovember in honor of my friends who came to help me change the way I think about my goals.Why wait to do things that you want to do? I watched at @JaiStone on Periscope one day (she is a Master Brand Coach) and she said, "If you don't have me on your vision board for 2016 you don't care about your business!" She told us to take a screenshot of her face. Well, here you go, this is my first step to revisit my goals in #NowNovember:

Scribes, no excuses, 
Write Now. 
Dance Now. 
Act Now. 
Apply Now. 
Travel Now. 
Forgive Now. 
Pray Now. 
Exercise Now. 
Love Now.
Try Now. 
Be Yourself Now. 

So, I am asking guest bloggers to share their #NowNovember stories with you. We all might find something special we can do before we close out 2015.

Free to Be Unpluckable,


Comments