#DaringDecember: Jai Robin Jones



Many of my friends know that I suffer from Fibromyalgia which is a condition that causes chronic muscle pain, fatigue and often depression. I use the word suffer because at times the illness can be debilitating to the point where I am reduced to using a cane.

I am a fighter, but at times even I get tired of the battle. I become overwhelmed and need to give in temporarily to what my body is feeling and just rest! However, each day I am blessed to keep moving. I am blessed that I have not given in to this condition. Some days when I feel stronger in my mind, body and spirit are days I want to shout from the top of a roof how good it is just to feel good!

People are dealing with so much on a daily basis, it is important to pray for one another and encourage one another. You never know how much a kind word can keep someone in whatever their fight is.

Do not be afraid to share your story or testimony with others. I am more than proud that I do not look like half of the things I've been through.



Jai Robin Jones received her BA from the University of Pittsburgh. She holds a Masters in Social Work from Pitt and an advanced Masters in School Counseling and Marriage and Family Therapy from Duquesne University. She has worked professionally in social services and counseling for twenty years. Currently Jai Robin is a school counselor for Pittsburgh Public Schools. She is the mother of three amazing and bright daughters and is a member of Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc.



Be daring. Go get your dreams,





Comments