InscribeMe Day 14: Joy comes Home

Hello Scribes,

My Godfather calls me Penn Penn.
I don't know how old I was.
This picture cracks me up!
Ayodele in Swahili means "Joy Comes Home." I love that, I even have a friend whom I call Ayodele. I want you to know Ayodele when all is well. Ayodele when you are walking in faith. I have taught people how to take care of me when I need to remember my joy. My friend Diana sings my name and holds the note for a long time: Penda Jaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaames! I laugh so hard every time. Walking through this rough season, she has sent me recorded messages and left voice mails so that I could have a reason to smile.Thank you Diana.

Diana sings my name.
Today make a list of what brings you joy. What makes you laugh from your belly?

Peaches makes my body ache from laughing so hard.
What brings me joy?

  • Giving nicknames to people and saying their special name (i.e., Sugar Mama, Boom Boom, Sunshine, Lovey, Brother Bear, Sensay, E, Baby, Mister). When I call them, they know it's me.
  • Mr. Bean movies
  • Police Academy movies
  • Seinfield
  • Kevin Hart
  • My mom's friend Ruby
  • Reminiscing with old friends and family
  • Laughing with my friend Ron when we talk about blueberries
  • My nephews when they tell stories
  • My grandma Horton
  • Worst Cooks in America the t.v. show
  • My niece and nephews
  • Seeing my baby girl dance her heart out
  • Pizza
  • Birds singing
  • Good poetry
  • Dandelions
  • Lilies
  • Good music
  • Hugs
  • People who hug me and chew their gum on my cheek (I don't know why)
  • Jumping rope
  • Playing dolls with my Lovey
  • A good book
  • Sleeping in the car on long rides
  • Massages
  • Key lime pie
This is all I can think of right now. I will keep adding to my list. What is on your list?

#InscribeMe,

Comments