#NowNovember16: Nneka Carter


Hello Scribes,

The power of love has the power to heal and restore. Love is an amazing gift. I am thankful for Nneka Carter, who is sharing her reflection of love: 

Nneka Carter-Young reflects on the beautiful life she shared with her husband, Reginald who passed into peace.
She finds her own peace by sharing lessons from their love.

Now in November Love Lifted Me. When nothing else could help...Love Lifted Me.
 I will not let November be my month of hurt because my Love passed to peace. I will not focus on him leaving but on believing. 
No. #NowNovember will not be a sad month for me. It was in a November he told me..."I  love you." We shared our first holidays in love and really started on our journey together.  
If you were fortunate to know Reginald Bernard Young, Sr. he blessed you with the gift of believing in you until you believed in yourself. No matter where you met him, during childhood, a party, at work, school, armed services, the streets, a boardroom, on a motorcycle, on a vacation or though a friend, he could see the future. Reginald could see your role and he would use His God-given Gifts to bring it all together.  
When I reflect just on the things I know he played a major role in I see churches, community empowerment programs, barber shops, security companies, and training programs. What I greatly respect is how he found joy in them existing even when nobody gave him public credit. His life's work was to create things that provided paths for people to be successful. This is what drew so many people to him. It is what drew me to him.  
I knew my path would be different; Reginald and I share similar gifts. They are blessings to others but heavy to carry. We crave peace in a way that confuses people. They think we are outgoing but really so many people pulled from us, our recharge process is different. I understood him; I needed the same space. We gave it to each other...it was mind blowing.  
I am so glad he knew I could give it to him and he came after me to create it for him. If you know me personally you know I am complicated with no confusion. The peace between us created a beautiful love that blessed many but more importantly fulfilled us.
I told Reginald that my goal was to love him more than anybody else could or did... Within 24 hours of his passing five people, some of which I had never met, told me a personal story of him expressing his love for me. Some made me go from heavy tears to laughing out loud. Even his Home-going service put smiles on my face and laughter in my soul. 
Now in November Love Lifted Me!
#NowNovember16, love is powerful enough to lift us and help us keep walking,


Comments