#DaringDecember16: LaDina Anderson

Hello Scribes,

Daring December is a time for us to step out of our comfort zone and try something new. This month I will be featuring some stories of people who are daring to push beyond their personal limits. Let's see how LaDina Anderson is experiencing #DaringDecember16: 
LaDina Anderson
Hi.... 
I need a place to gather myself. At times insecurity has plagued me. I don't want to play victim and I don't want to be judged for "not having it all together" so I don't talk about it much. 
I have been watching a video series by Ron Carpenter called Detox: A detox from thoughts, words and negative confessions. I recently saw a woman from my past who instilled, through actions, the thought of my skin being too dark. "Dark girls don't take good photos" and "chocolate is not good" were sentiments that I learned from her. The little girl in me wanted to show her how chocolate turns out, how my dark skin glistens just because "good black don't crack". The little girl in me wanted to tell her, "You need to know how photogenic I can be." 
I didn't. I realized I have detoxed and couldn't remember her name. 
Thanks for the lesson Lady. #DaringDecember16: Detoxing is good for the soul.
 #DaringDecember16,


Comments