Day 26: Believe

My husband surprised us and took us to see a production of the Wiz. It is one of my favorite, absolute favorite movies and plays of all time. Not only do I enjoy the music, but the message of believing in yourself and finding your way home always resonates with me. I especially enjoyed today's adaptation of the show because with my lesson this week of understanding that my purpose matters, it was the cherry on the cake of my personal reflection.

When Glinda the good witch told Dorothy to believe in herself that everything was in her the whole time, it was exactly what I have been told all week long. My courage, my heart, my faith, my strength and my beauty have always been in me.

I just had to believe.

Even though my father has taught me about dandelions and told me to be a dandelion, I had to believe it for myself. Even when I go to church and connect with the Pastor's sermon I have to study the Word and believe it for myself. That is where the power lies to fulfill our dreams, in the belief that God will equip and provide, we just have to put in the work.

Believe, even when no one else does.

For today make a list of 10 things you believe in and how that belief shapes you. You can keep this one personal if you choose.

Girl, what do you believe?

Belief: have confidence in the truth, the existence, or the reliability of something, although without 
absolute proof that one is right in doing so: 
Only if one believes in something can one act purposefully. 
(Dictionary.com)

PLJ


Comments