Writer Day 24: Stand

Hello Scribes,

Just a quick note for tonight. I got so caught up watching a live worship service Women Who Win online, with a lot of my favorite people that I lost track of the time. T.D. Jakes is preaching right now and I wish I was there!

A sisterfriend told me last week that my purpose matters. She heard it from Evangelist Carswell here in Pittsburgh. I definitely need to meet her to thank her for posting it on FB cause it was repeated to me, it was for me. That statement didn't hit me until today when I watched a video recommended by a friend, Johnathan Nelson, "I Am Your Song." It had me broke down. Go Watch it....

My purpose matters.

Think about what it means to have purpose. Purpose - a mission, a reason for existing.  Then think about what it means to stand on your purpose even when you can't see that what you dream of doing is in reach. Feeling inadequate and worrying do not change your assignment.

Let me say that again for myself,  just because I don't feel adequate does not negate that God gave me an assignment to complete, a specific assignment.

So I decided to write a declaration for my purpose:

I will stand on the fact that every broken part of me was necessary to prepare me for my purpose. 

I will stand on the fact that I am fearfully and wonderfully made. No matter how long it took me to walk in it, it has always been reality.

I will stand on the fact that as a writer, I will always appreciate being vulnerable and open; in that openness is how I bring healing and hope to those who read my work or those I coach.

I will stand on the fact that I have a unique assignment just for me. I may take alternate routes to get to my destination, but I will get to my destiny.

I will stand on the fact that my name, Penda means love and no matter how I try to run from it, love is who I am.

I will stand on the fact that my mistakes do not define me, they have taught me to fight harder to walk on purpose.

Girl, Pray for Me and stand on your purpose. Do not waver in your faith, do not ever forget that you have a unique assignment.

PLJ

Comments