Positive Versus Negative

Good Morning Scribes,

Do you think it really  makes a difference to think positive versus negative thoughts? Does it matter if occasionally you allow yourself to drift into negative land and wallow in the pool negativity?

The other day while watching television with my daughter I observed that she was using the I Pad as her remote control instead of the remote designed to operate the television. All day I had seen her accidentally drop the remote and put the batteries back. She must have in her frustration of dropping the remote mixed up the positive and the negative ports. We have instructed her to look at the pictures inside of the remote and make sure they are in correctly. But this time, she forced them in put the remote back together.

Without looking at me she said, "The remote doesn't work. The batteries don't work."

I rearranged the batteries and turned down the volume. She was in awe. I pointed out that not only was one battery in wrong, the other was not fully in the compartment designed to hold it which it is why the remote didn't work. Nothing was wrong with the batteries, they were not in position.

Over the past few weeks I have heard a lot of talk about positive thinking. Talk about not allowing negativity into your space when you are sick. Discussion about motivating yourself to exercise when no one else is around. Books that speak about people overcoming great adversity and becoming successful have also been illuminated in my library. It appears to me that it is time to change the way I think and get back in my unpluckable position.

Today try to capture every negative thought and speak life to it. Speak the Word of God and commit yourself to finding the joy in every situation, even when it doesn't seem feasible. Don't go back to negative land unless you are going to get someone out of the pool of negativity.

Girl, Pray for Me.

PLJ

Comments