A New Me

Hello Scribes!

I was deeply inspired by Extreme Makeover last night. I was glued to the television crying and empowered simultaneously. Seeing #NewBrandi, gave me hope. I am #TeamBrandiEWL because she is human just like me. I related to her struggles and victories. I watch those shows alot and the people seem unrealistic to me. But because Brandi is a member of my Sorority weight loss became tangible for me. I saw myself transforming with her and wearing that fierce crimson dress! Yes, I rejoiced when she stepped with the Sorors and I know she inspired a lot of people. Even as some of us (Sorors) pulled quotes from her episode to post on our social media outlets we found ways to speak life to each other. That's amazing to me.

There are many people in my life who won't let me quit. It takes being vulnerable with them when I want to quit, not waiting until I've already given up.  Think about that...

Today, I didn't want to go to conditioning class/boot camp. I was tired and exhausted from an emotional report I was writing at work. My head was hurting and I wanted to go home to get in the bed! I've already paid for boot camp and I love my trainer and classmates but I didn't want to be bothered today. But #noexcuses right? I told my husband and we decided to go to a park as a family so I could run and he could help our daughter skate.

I saw baby dandelions every few steps along my route. (If you haven't already, check out A Beginner's Guide to Unpluckability to understand the significance of dandelions). What I realized from the baby dandelions today is that growth takes time. The roots for the baby dandelions were strong, but the buds were still forming. Having intentional tenacity is recognizing that we have vulnerabilities, but we have a strong foundation to hold us up if we just find our unpluckable position. We can't quit!

Like Brandi who hit one out of the 4 goals that Chris set for her, she did not quit. Her goal was set and she was on fire to reach it. Brandi was resilient and in the end, hitting that last goal was the most important and she did it.

So tonight, write about something that has changed you. Find your inspiration and let it breathe life into you. I got a a fresh wind for my healthy temple, thank you #TeamBrandiEWL.

Girl, Pray for Me,

PLJ

Comments