Writer Day 7: Skipped but not Forgotten

Hello Scribes,

I have to admit. I missed two days of my own challenge. There is no excuse, I was just really tired. Emotionally, spiritually, physically and creatively I was tired and needed to give myself a break.

BUT I AM BACK!

Sometimes I think it is okay to take a mini break. Even though I was not blogging, I was still writing. I believe that writers have to write every single day. When the creative juices are flowing you have to get your pen so they can pour onto the paper. We have a responsibility and making excuses for not writing is unacceptable.

As I was preparing to write this morning I thought about being a child playing kickball. I hated when the gym teacher would let the cool kids be team captain and pick the teams. Inevitably I was athletic but I was never chosen among the cream of the crop. Sometimes the captain would wink at me to let me know that they were going to chose me. I might have been last, I might have been skipped but I was never forgotten.

If I were to apply this lesson to writing, I want to share with you that the idea of writing every day means to keep a tablet of your ideas, you may not use them all the time right away, but they will not be forgotten. That phrase, word or sentence will fit perfectly into something if you keep writing.

Today, I want you to go back to your list of words and write something using at least 10 of them. Let me hear from you. Share your writing with me. Am I in this alone? Where are the Scribes?

Still Unpluckable,



Comments