#InscribeMe Day 10: 10 Lessons

Hello Scribes,

Recording your history is important.
Think about about some of the ways history is recorded about people:

resumes
report cards
medical records
birth certificates
Bibles with family trees
shot records
transcripts

I created this #InscribeMe process to teach people how to record their history. This has recently become a passion for me. When the idea came to me I thought it was going to be just a few writing prompts to record a few thoughts in my journal, but it has become so much more for me. This process is helping me get through one of the toughest times of my life right now. I never would have known it when the idea came to me.

I learned today that my mother at one time who wrote beautiful poetry that touched her friends deeply. One of her friends said, "We thought she was going to be a famous poetess!" I never knew that about her, but for some reason, we don't have any of her writings recorded.  Her friend said, "Penn Penn, we always knew you got your writing gene from her." Whew!

The assignment for today is to make a list of ten lessons you want to pass on to the future.

My lessons for the future:

1.) Leave your legacy written for your children. They need a place to rest in the quiet moments when they are separated from you. Your words, written in your handwriting will be comforting for them.
2.) Don't ever stop exercising. Take care of  your temple.
3.) Drink water. Stay hydrated.
4.) Don't keep secrets from the people who love you.
5.) Take care of your teeth. Brush twice a day and floss. Go to the dentist.
6.) Plan meals ahead of time and pack a lunch to save money.
7.) Save ten percent of your earnings.
8.) Hold your family close, don't let hard things become the reason for family gatherings.
9.) Laugh as much as you can every day. Cry if you need to.
10.) Never lose your faith. Nothing can pluck you from God's hand.

Make your list. Be thoughtful. Dig deep. Let it be part of your legacy.

#InscribeMe



Comments