#NowNovember16: Joi Horton

Hello Scribes,

My little sister is really my big sister. She is wise, courageous and giving in ways that I have not yet grown to be. When our mother passed in April 2016, she was there. She had been there the entire two years consistently that Mommy was sick. I couldn't, distance separated me and my sister carried the burden. I watched the love between my sister and her daughter as she spoke about our mother, my heart was full. The baby felt her mother's pain as as she cried her tears of #NowNovember, the baby wiped them away. I know my sister did the same for mommy. As I asked her to share her #NowNovember16, I thought I was recording it to transcribe for later but the recorder was not on!

She poured out her heart into her words that came out in her tears for us and her babies:

I am Joi Lynette Horton.
Encourager, motivator and I love to bring joy.
#NowNovember16 an interpretation through my tears.
Tears of love. Tears of joy. Years of pain and tears of change. I am going through a transition where this November I don't have my mom. Thank you mom! I love you! You are dearly missed. I appreciate the lessons you have taught and shown me. I appreciate the things that I had to learn on my own and came to talk to you about after the fact.
I do have a baby girl that is of course the strength of my life. 
This November I have a lot to be thankful for.

So I finally am able to sit down and cry about all the things I have -  I can't complain. Through my tears of joy I am remembering the legacy you left and what we must continue.
The legacy is love.
Take this and be thankful.
#NowNovember16 it's okay to cry, you never know what may come of your tears,

Comments

  1. Children indeed are proof that the legacy lives on. There is also an abundance of love in this lifeline and I am grateful that it has extended. Mrs Marilyn taught me to live the statement I wrote, Be blessed...be a blessing. Joi has shared her little light with me in times when I didn't even love myself and Na offered pure, non judgmental, unbiased love. Children are reflections of their parents in one way or another. I give thanks to be nurtured by The Most High's love...as we all are united in that legacy and lifeline.

    What a beautiful reminder of what we have to be grateful for that is free and immeasurable yet plenty.... Love!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment