#DaringDecember16: Sharnay Hearn Davis

Hello Scribes,

Daring December is a time for us to step out of our comfort zone and try something new. This month I will be featuring some stories of people who are daring to push beyond their personal limits. Let's see how Sharnay Hearn Davis is experiencing #DaringDecember16:

Sharnay Hearn Davis, MSCL Founder of #SistersLiftingasWeClimb. 

Called to change the world one person at a time. #Healing #Networking #AscendingTogether
#DaringDecember was introduced to me in 2015. Reading the blogs, I loved how everyone allowed themselves to be vulnerable unapologetically. I was moved to write my own post #DaringDecember16: Truth or Dare Edition. 
The truth is, I was not ready to face my truth. How could I dare others to do the same?The truth is, in 2015 I was walking around hurt and wounded. God in all of his grace and mercy used 2016 as my year of healing and restoration. Daily I met women on my path who mirrored my flaws and who also mirrored what life looks like on the other side of healing. During this time God birthed in me #SistersLiftingasWeClimb, which is a personal and professional support group for women of color. Our core values are healing, networking, and ascending together. I thank God for using Penda in my life to extend her hand to lift me out of the trap of my dark pits. In turn I want to connect them to other women who can teach them, affirm them and help them climb to higher heights.
This #DaringDecember16 I dare you to write someone in your life a gratitude letter. This letter should go to someone in your life who poured into you and helped you become a better person, or someone who helped you obtain an unbelievable goal for yourself. (Going back to school, obtaining a new job, leaving a dysfunctional relationship, self-care, etc.) If you are really feeling daring you can do this every month in 2017.... Daring 2017. 
Use the last days of December to think about all the things that you desire to accomplish in the upcoming year. Identify the individuals who can support you to achieve your goal, reach out to them and build a rapport. Identify your goal and ask if they have interest in supporting you, if they say yes, ask how they can support. If no, still send the gratitude letter thanking them for the new relationship that has been formed. If yes, always be intentional and mindful of their time. After you achieve your goal send out the gratitude letter showing your appreciation for their time and commitment to you for achieving your goal. 
Above all else live a daring life. Be free to live the life that you want to live, getting there with the support of others. Here is an excerpt from one of my gratitude letters:
Dear Penda, 

I have been blessed to know you since I was a teenaged girl. Since meeting you I knew you were a meek and humble prayer powerhouse. Our spirits were attracted to each other and it wasn't until I became an adult that we began solidifying our relationship. From all of our conversations I never had to say #GIRLPRAYFORME because you had a unique way of already knowing what I needed prayer for, God used you to help me confess that I needed prayer. . .  

#DaringDecember16,

Comments