Breakthrough to You

Hello Scribes,

Have you ever considered the implications that your life's greatest pains have had on your purpose? Is it possible for you to believe that every experience has a purpose that builds upon your purpose? As it says in Romans 8:28, "And we know that all things work together for the good to those that love God, to those who are the called according to his purpose." Everything is working together for your good and God has a purpose.

Does it make sense that your disappointments, heart aches, hard lessons and greatest losses had a purpose in forming who you are? Does everything really happen for a reason?
"Your purpose is always hidden somewhere in your pain."
~TD Jakes
Every year I create a vision board, a goal list and a life map as part of my critical reflection. When I inscribe my experiences I communicate to myself, to God and others. I did not create a vision board this year, instead with friends I used my calendar to create a "Passion Plan." (Check out www.passionplanner.com if you want to see an example). This year, my goals fall under specific, intentional and simple categories: serve and be an example to others through my family, and business. That's it.

In the past my goals have been lofty: Lose weight. Cook more. Drink more water. Spend time with the family. Write. I guess I can attribute my change of heart to the breakthroughs of my life in 2016. There were several rite of passage moments that were "an act or instance of removing or surpassing an obstruction or restriction" (Dictionary.com). Breaking through to my own truths about my self-limiting language and implicit biases toward other people was not easy. To be honest, I am looking at my life map right now wondering how I can recreate it without feeling all of the emotions of every event all over again.  And that's okay...

It is time to move forward and time to walk on purpose. In moving forward we cannot forget where we came from, and we cannot allow what we came from to prevent us from becoming who we are. All things are working together for our good. Remember?

Breakthrough = Removing restrictions + Removing obstructions.

What is are your restrictions Scribes?

Assignment:
Create your life map. Inscribe the high and low points in your life. Ask God to reveal the purpose in your pains. Maybe you will remember where God was with you and formulate your testimony to share. Maybe you will record your lessons learned and inscribe your strengths. You never know what will happen if you take the time to allow God to breakthrough the restrictions on your heart. If you create your life map I'd love for you to share it with me on IG or Twitter: @Penscribed.

Let's live on purpose,







Comments