#DaringDecember17: Ardener Lott

Hello Scribes,

Living in the South is much different from living up north. There are traditions and rituals that no one can explain to me, unwritten rules that I have violated without knowing and as a Pastor's Wife the stakes are much higher when I have a misstep. Ardener Lott is also a pastor's wife, her challenge for #DaringDecember17 is one that you may have considered for yourself:


I respect the bold, colorful personalities and wardrobes of southern, Christian women. On any given Sunday, at any given soirĂ©e, we’re known to grace onlookers with patterns, pumps, colors, and combinations that inspire and amaze.

We are equally daring in our application of God’s word to our lives. We go boldly to the throne of grace and stand firmly on testimonies of God’s winning track record. We like to “tell the truth and shame the devil.” We live the phrase “more than conquerors” unapologetically. Yet, there is one area many of us haven’t conquered.

Obesity.

I wonder what would happen if we applied our boldness and daring to our health? What if we told the truth about our food addictions and slothful tendencies? What if we chose to conquer the very sins that we prefer to excuse and dress up?

God commands us to forsake not the assembling of ourselves together so we can live and work in community with others. Why not apply this concept to health and wellness?

My best friends and I recently embarked on a healthy living journey, which includes accountability and truth. Our motivation? To give our children the gift of being healthy, active grandparents one day. To bless our spouses with the inner beauty and sexy confidence that flows from being more fit and energetic. I dare you to find one or two people to partner with. I dare you to be vulnerable and honest about needing help. I double dog dare you to put God’s power to work in your temple bringing glory and honor to Him!

Thank you Ardener, for reminding us that our body is the temple of the Holy Spirit. I  am on my way to the gym to put in my work.



Comments