Writer Day 11: Why?

It is interesting to critically consider why you do something or why you want to do something. Sometimes in those moments you can change your position or solidify it.

As I look out of my window, feel the cool breeze on my arm and hear the birds singing a beautiful melody, I wonder why I am looking forward to going to a retreat at a campsite in a couple weeks. I wonder what I am missing in my daily routine that has caused me to become lazy with my running regimen or complacent with my strict view of clean eating. Why have I changed over the past few weeks, what caused the need to hit reset?

Yesterday we talked about questions, I guess I'm still pondering the hard questions I need to ask myself. Today as we add another activity to our Scribe challenge let's make a list of whys. Do a top five list of your reasons for performing a specific activity or maintaining a particular paradigm.

For example, here is a simple activity like brushing my teeth :
1.) I don't want gingivitis.
2.) Bad breath is not attractive.
3.) I am on my second set of teeth, which includes a bridge and I want to keep them in pristine condition.
4.) I want to set a good example for my daughter to care for her body.
5.) Because I had a cleft lip and much oral reconstructive surgery since childhood I have grown to love my smile and appreciate it.

For a more challenging paradigm, why Shark Tank is my favorite show:
1.) I imagine that I am one of the sharks, I ponder the businesses from the perspective of the entrepreneur and the shark to help me think outside of the box about my own business.
2.) Shark Tank forces me to pay attention to the witty inventions of writing topics, creative coaching ideas or eventually a full fledged invention that may one day transform my family's life. Some of the simplest ideas create some of the biggest solutions to every day problems.

3.) The sharks themselves, DJ and MC are my two favorites. Need I say more?

4.) I root for the underdog, some of the stories of perseverance and courage are not only inspiring but destroy all of the excuses for my own complacency.

5.) I know some very awesome business women and men. As I watch Shark Tank, I learn about what works and what does not work in business just in case I need to help someone find the courage to pursue their dreams. Just like this shirt designed by Game Day Graphics in Kentucky, the owner, Lisa took my vision for a t shirt and created this design that captured my soul. All of us have something in us that is special and we need to stir it up.

Girl, Pray for Me and Find your Why,

PLJ

Comments