Writer Day 2: Help

I have a friend who has taught me that there is a difference between a feeling and a thought. She has a pet peeve of people who try to describe a thought by calling it a feeling. Through her stern correction I have become educated in how to communicate more effectively especially before I try to verbalize how I feel.

If I could describe the feeling of helplessness I would have to say that it reminds me of a trust walk. Your condition is in someone else's control. On a trust walk my eyes are closed and I have to rely on gentle nudges, quick redirection and soft words spoken in my ear. On a trust walk I can't give directions because I don't know my environment.  A trust walk lends us to utilizing all of our other senses and swing through someone else's eyes.

As I sit in the hospital with my princess this week I feel helpless at times to help or to be honest rescue her.  When she has to live through her own pain and fear all I can do is whisper soft words in her ear and give her gentle nudges to calm herself. We have taught her where her strength comes from and when she needs help she can express her feelings and not her thoughts effectively. Sometimes her tears and whines are not understood by the Doctors but as her parents we have a language too.

Of course I know there is a power higher than myself but I'm human. I get discouraged, cry,  angry and concerned. It has taken time to learn how to walk with my blindfold.

Describe a time when you felt helpless. I want to feel what you felt, use good descriptive words.

Girl, Pray for Me.  And understand the when you feel helpless that's the best time for God to show up.

PLJ

Comments