Writer Day 25: Regroup

Hello Scribes,
Just wanted to ask,
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Forgive my silence yesterday. I wasn't feeling well and fell asleep while writing my post. I laughed at myself this morning for the attempt to fulfill what I set out to do but on the other hand I was also disappointed because I know that people are counting on me. The dichotomy of wanting to because you want to and wanting to because someone else is counting on you is always challenging for me.

So what do you do when you have to step out of the game for a few minutes to regroup and refocus. How do you take time for yourself?

For yesterday's writing assignment make a list of 5 things you do that ensure you are taking care of yourself and even if you are interrupted, you are caring for yourself:

1.) I have natural hair, when I need to regroup I wash my hair and restyle it. At one time I have had to do it several times a day.
2.) I drink a gallon of water a day.
3.) I read a story to my baby every night before she goes to bed.
4.) I used to have a date with Shaun T. every day, working my way back to that but I do walk for an hour at lunch every day that I am able. I never have lunch at my desk  unless it is absolutely impossible.
5.) I call my Grandma. I want her to hear my voice and I need to hear hers as often as I can. 

Even when you don't feel well, need a break or have to catch your breath it is okay to regroup. Girl, Pray for Me don't get stuck.

PLJ

Comments