Writer Day 6: Laugh

I am not good about using the bathroom in public but sometimes it is absolutely the only choice. In those situations I know how to take safety precautions like wrap the toilet in toilet paper, pray and close my eyes to blind myself to the grime.

A few months ago my husband ran into Walmart to pick up a few things that were only supposed to take him 10 minutes. I had drank so much water that I had to get inside to the bathroom. It was a busy time for the store so the check out line was longer than usual. I didnt see my husband anywhere but I saw the bathroom.  Holding my daughter's hand I ran full speed.  I saw the bathroom and ran straight toward it but as I rounded the corner I nearly knocked over a man. I could hear my daughter yelling at me but the bladder was controlling the legs. I turned around and saw that I had run into the men's bathroom.  I didn't notice that she had let go of my hand and I was eye to eye with a man coming out!  She was saying "Mom get out of the men's bathroom."

Oops!

I remember how hard she laughed.  She was jumping up and down, hitting her leg and screaming. Other customers started laughing too. I could not help but laugh at myself. We got a good giggle out of that even though I was embarrassed that I hadn't paid attention.

I love to laugh. I have friends who share inside jokes with me. I could send them a one word text message and we both will crack up. It does not matter if anyone else understands, laughter is healing.

These words may not make sense to you but to me they bring tears of laughter:

Lip gloss
Blueberries
Racoons

Write about a time that you laughed so hard you couldn't breathe. I hope it makes you laugh and clears your sinuses.

Girl, Pray for Me and let's get a good giggle of healing.

PLJ

Comments