Lost and Found!

My journal has been missing for two weeks. It is a nice purple leather bound journal with a quote that says something about love in cursive. It was given to me by my Black Women United Sister and I can't find it. Along with my journal is a beautiful book that I just started to read called "Writing for the Soul."

I am careless, often misplacing things and not being able to find them. Just this weekend I lost my beloved red MP3 player that my husband gave me for my birthday a few years ago. I have just started running again and I put some thought into my playlists to help keep me motivated but I lost it. But happens when you lose something more valuable than these things?

With all of that, I cannot imagine my life if I lost my child. My friend from college had a horrific experience of not knowing where her son was located for a week. Her son, her first born, the man-child, the King she was raising and pouring her love into was missing! Every day I woke up and prayed for her but I watched as she prayed for herself, giving herself life in the darkness of pain she was carrying. I was empowered by her courage and tended to hold my baby a little tighter as I closed my eyes to hug her. Her faith empowered people across the country and internationally. She never stopped holding out hope.

Thank God he is back back in her arms. There are many mothers who are still awaiting the good news that their baby has been found. For you dear ones I am sending up prayers for comfort and peace of mind. I praying for your joy to remain and your hope never to falter. I am praying that your loved one is able to come home again that you may feel the warmth of their soft flesh against yours again.

Until then, do not ever stop looking, don't give up hope, lean on your tree trunks for support. God has plan for all of us and even in the midst of our lost things, God teaches us that He is all that we need.

Girl, Pray for Me.

PLJ

Comments