Writer Day 3: Words, April 3, 2015

Hello Scribes,

This has been a rough week. I'm so glad I made it to Good Friday.

Good.

Friday.

How ironic.

With the week I had, toiling with myself internally to understand how I view the world and how I respond to conflict has been emotionally draining. I cannot fathom through my deepest imagination how Jesus must have felt. Every day as it got closer to Good Friday it was closer to the day He would have to be crucified.

People talk about what that was like, but these descriptive words can't give us a full understanding of His Calvary experience.

Today as you pick up your pen I want you to just make a list of words or phrases. For five minutes let the words flow. Listen to sounds around you and write those too. We will use this list for an exercise later. I had forgotten how helpful this exercise is to me. Let me know what you think.
Penda
__________________________
Here is my list:

chirp chirp chirp
drip drip drip
slish
whish whish whish
faucet dripping
what is wrong with the faucet?
we need to get that fixed.
birds
i want to learn to play the piano
what time is it
i'm running this morning
i hope i don't run slow
laundry
clutter
elephants
grandma
sister
mom
breast cancer
love
family
support
friendship
road trip
Bowling Green
Precious Stones
Wilberforce
forgiveness
tears
why am I teary eyed?
hard lessons
twit twit twit
steam
heat
i want a house
broom
dolls
sleeping
dance class
overweight
fun
Zumba!
panda bears
copper statue of a mom holding a baby
babies
Hello Kitty
stop

Comments