Letting Go to Gain

Hello Scribes,

It seems that I only have time to blog once a month. So many things happen socially and personally within society during the thirty days that my subject matter explodes with options. I could write for days about how I feel about Sandra Bland's death or Bobbi Kristina. I literally have so much to say that I have been speechless.

As I have been working on my next book, I have found myself fighting to ignore distractions. There are several and they have stood in front of me like ten Goliaths. I have felt small, overpowered and shadowed by their presence but never have I felt defeated by them. I have wanted to quit pursuing my dreams, but something and someone always reminds me that I am unique and have a special ministry. For that reason, and for the lives of those people connected to me I CANNOT QUIT.

I let go of my anger and frustration about the distractions so I could hear what God is calling me to do. I know it is not easy. It has not been easy and it will never be easy to walk blindly while someone is leading you. But when the someone leading you is God, you have to know that you are going to be okay. The scripture says "ye though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death I will fear no evil."

No Fear.

No Excuses.

No Quitting!

I once read an article about LeBron James taking his wife on a trip because she was expecting a baby. There are people who give their spouses "push presents" as a form of gratitude for their love and the struggle they will experience while giving birth. I think it is an awesome idea, although I don't know anyone in my life who has received such a physical gift, nor have I.

A push present is more than something tangible. A push present is the baby. You have to push in order to give birth. That pain is excruciating but when my Princess was born, I forgot about the pain. I held her in my hands tenderly with tears in my eyes. She was worth the pain. She depended on me to push her out. She is my literal push present but I have gained gifts in the form of running longer when I was disciplined to run consistently. A smaller size when I eat right and don't miss Zumba. My books and the response of my readers are my push presents.

I would encourage you Scribe to let go by pushing through this season. Push until the baby of your gift is born and when you hold it in your hands for the first time you will be glad that you stood in the face of Goliath to slay him.

Girl, Pray for Me,



Comments