#DaringDecember: Coni Hookfin

#DARINGDecember

I have made many promises to God since January 2015.  Some I have kept and many I did not. Forgive me as I forgive myself.

On every given day, God was more faithful to me than was to Him. Thank you God. I committed to go higher, deeper.  I can be honest - I am still entangled in a love triangle between God and my husband.  (Yes, I still call him my husband).  This triangle directs and influences nearly everything I do.   A year has passed but my divorce isn’t final in my heart.

Even in my ignorance and desire to hold on to what was, God granted me grace for things in 2015 that He knew were not His best for me. All of my worst circumstances worked together for good. I cried, I laughed and I cried again, yet I believe it is not over. I continually give access to someone who has no capacity for me.  I ask God to fix him, fix me, fix IT but I get in God’s way and expect complete change. I want to believe that God didn’t allow us to have 18 years of marriage for nothing.  We have a story to tell but I must allow God to finish writing the story otherwise we will remain an unpublished script of in-completes, errors and mistakes. 

Call me crazy, call me stupid and then call it a miracle.

My moment, my DARE starts in December:
I DARE to be truthful in ALL things.
I DARE to shed the emotional and physical weight and keep it off.
I DARE to stay on track with my goals.
I DARE to let my heart heal wholly.
I DARE to honor God first.
I DARE to take control of my future and capitalize on my opportunities.
I DARE to publish my book without excuse.
I DARE to be an even better friend.
I DARE to worship God in spirit and in truth.
I DARE to ask for better and expect it in return.

Change begins today not someday, and is one moment at a time.  




Coni Hookfin is commissioned to draw the hearts of people to Christ and empower them. Her goal is to transform the world one person, one song, one book at a time. She is a mother of two.





Be daring, go get your dreams,


Comments