#InscribeMe Day 20: Writing helps me grow

Hello Scribes,

Today, it is your assignment to write about how you perceive your writing will help you grow. How will it help you grow as a person, as an advocate for your passion, as a business owner? How will your writing help you evolve as a person?
____________________
This should be easy.

I have been writing seriously since fourth grade as a student at Whittier Elementary School. My family had moved from Cheverly, MD to Dayton, Ohio to be closer to my grandparents. I didn't have a lot of friends at first, Mommy got me a journal.

I wrote poetry, songs, plays, essays, speeches and my thoughts. I never went anywhere without it. Unfortunately I have no evidence of those years, I threw away my journals when I was in college. I forgot that I needed to remember those days, never wanted anyone to see me raw and exposed.

I hate that I did that. 
To me, ripping up my journals 
is as bad as a person who does not  write their legacy. 

So now I write to capture my growth and to get in my Unpluckable Position. Here are five more ways I believe that my writing will help me grow:

  • My writing helps me to see areas in my life where I was weak and how I applied my faith.
  • The ability to look back into recent journals and remember events, friends and experiences allows me to see how I was challenged in my thoughts and new paradigms were developed.
  • Affirmations and declarations written will apply over time.
  • Scriptures help me remember the word of God.
  • When I write it helps bring clarity to my thoughts which strengthen my voice and cause me to carry myself with assurance.
How will your writing help you grow?

#InscribeMe,


Comments