NowNovember16: Kara Pennybaker

Hello Scribes,

#NowNovember16 has come and with is the frost. Days are shorter and the evidence of season change is here. As Kara Pennybaker shares, we must prepare for our seasonal transitions:


The first frost has hit....... have you picked your fruit? I want you to sit with that before you read on.  
As I began to sit with the title of this writing, another question came to mind: Are you attentive to your seasons? We are not called to go through life haphazardly, yet in every season there is a work we are called to do. The work of every season leads to the production of fruit in the harvest season.  
I can remember, as a young girl, my mother had a garden in the backyard. When I was a little older, my dad had a fishing pond. Both of these projects needed work according to the season. I never had the desire to be like my parents when it came to working in the yard until late spring of this year. To be honest, I was pushed by the unction of the Holy Spirit to plant, watch and use everything in my power to keep my plants alive. I had to learn what my flowers needed and at what time. I had to be attentive to the day. There were days I did not have to water the plants because it rained. Then there were days I had to water the plants three times a day to protect them from the heat of the sun. In my garden, there were tomatoes, cucumbers and green peppers...all of them produced at different times and needed different care. Initially, I got all the tomatoes in the world, but the peppers came later when I stopped watering as much. They came when the heat wasn't as high and the seasons began to change. 
God led me to plant this garden to offset depression I had been feeling over being rejected by friends. He explained through prayer, to shift my focus to His lessons. I never imagined that this process of planting would still be speaking to me in NOVEMBER! Three nights ago I walked into the house past my pepper plant and it left me in awe. Although it was no longer flowering, it had grown so tall and the leaves were beautiful! The next morning the first frost hit, the leaves dropped and the plant withered. I said to myself, Wow, it is a good thing I got those peppers off when I did. The frost would have killed them. My only sadness was that I did not get as many peppers as I would have liked. That is when it hit me. Because I was not attentive to the planting season, my pepper plant bloomed late which led to late production. 
What I believe God is showing me, is to be aware of every season. My work has to match the season. There are some things that God has called us to plant but, we are not being attentive to when the ground is right. There are some things that God wants us to water, but we have lost focus of when the heat is high or when the storm is bringing rain.
And last but not least if we do not do our part and pay attention to our season, we might miss the harvest... 
Don't miss the work, don't miss the harvest...If you become attentive to your planting and harvest season, you will be able to say it is #NowNovember16 with ease because your fruit will carry you through your winter.

#NowNovember, let us take an account of the preparation we must make to move into our next season with ease,

Comments