#NowNovember16: Tirzha Moore

Hello Scribes,

Today I want to reintroduce you to Tirzha Moore who will share about her experience with unexpected back surgery. Tirzha now walks with a limp, but as she said, "I'll take a limp over back pain any day."

 Tirzha Moore is a mother of three, grandmother of one and one on the way. She loves expressing herself through writing. Tirzha is building Favorable Essentials, an event planning business, that will "plan events personalized just for YOU!"

Now November brings both joy and sadness for me. I can't help but thank God for how far I have come. 

I remember going to the doctor's office suffering with severe back pain. For a two year period I was given temporary fixes: physical therapy and several prescriptions for a diagnosis of sciatica. One Saturday evening the pain was unbearable and I ended up in the emergency room. I was put on an IV for more pain medications then I was sent home. (Another temporary fix to the problem). By Monday I was not able to walk or use the bathroom; I knew something was terribly wrong.  
Back to the emergency room.  
Since I had been there a few days prior the doctor on staff insisted on doing an MRI where it was discovered that the true issue of my pain was a herniated bulging disc! That discovery landed me in emergency surgery in less than twenty-four hours. There was no time to think or prepare my mind that I was about to be cut. There was no room for negotiation. I had no idea who the surgeon was and all I wanted was to meet the person who was about to take control of my body before I went under anesthesia. I wanted to touch his hands and pray that I would get through. 
Before my surgery, my granddaughter was about to make a grand entrance into this world. Thankfully before going into the operating room I did receive the call that Little Ms. Carmen Elizabeth Ruth arrived healthy and strong. 
#NowNovember16 I am approaching three years since my back surgery. I lost feeling in my right foot and I was told that it might not come back, but God. I have a limp but no back pain. I will take a limp over back pain any day. This year we will celebrate three years of life of Gram Tee's Baby. 

The scar is a reminder that I've been healed...Peace & Blessings 

#NowNovember we may walk with a limp, but we must remember we have been healed,

Comments