#DaringDecember: Takiya Wormsley

Hello Scribes,

Daring December is a time for us to step out of our comfort zone and try something new. This month I will be featuring some stories of people who are daring to push beyond their personal limits. Let's see how Takiya Wormsley is experiencing #DaringDecember16:
Kia Wormsley (Click the link)
When I first thought of this assignment, I thought of writing about a daring time in business, not necessarily in my personal life. Then I realized how it all intertwines. I am a stay at home mom who runs a jewelry business. I am a Fashion Accessories Expert with Paparazzi Accessories.  If you haven't heard of Paparazzi, we are a party planning company where every accessory is lead and nickel free and costs only $5! Yes, you read right, everything we carry is only Five Bucks! Being successful in this direct sales business has required me to step outside of my comfort zone.  
I am what some may call or see as a social introvert.  I have had to socially come out of my shell in order to share this wonderful business with family, friends and lots of strangers. In doing so I have had the pleasure of meeting some of the most beautiful people:  Women who can smile, because of the boost of confidence from wearing jewelry that makes them feel even more beautiful.  Women who won't have to feel guilty shopping with me because they have only spent $5. Especially those women who decided to take a leap of faith and wanted to empower themselves economically and joined me on this Paparazzi journey. 
Setting myself up to be great at this business has taught me many things about myself.  We all want success, we all want wealth, but with God guiding me It has taken the following three mantras and lots of prayer to stay the course and keep pushing myself to get up and keep going even when I don't feel like it. 
1.)    Dare to be. Live in the moment, not taking anything for granted. Kiss your loved ones, be genuine, and smile because we never know what someone else is going through.  Besides, your smile is your best accessory, Wear it well!
2.)    Dare to grow. Grow through what you Go through. In life and in business we have obstacles.  While driving and you come to a detour, if by chance you're using a gps it will automatically start to recalculate or it may even give you warnings not to proceed prior to arriving to the detour.  However, when you are walking through life and you get into a bind, a struggle, or a situation that requires you to immediately "deal with it" you begin to think about how you can find a way to learn the lesson and move forward.  Your reaction to the detours in your life will set you up to be ready to learn the lesson and Grow!
3.)    Dare to dream. Live your dreams happily out loud.  Only you can determine how big or how small your dreams will be.  Your thought process makes you or breaks you! You are your biggest critic, your biggest fan and the only one who can take your dreams from vision to fruition with Gods guidance! Be proud of what you're aiming for in life! Follow your dream no matter how small, even if you are the only one who can see it at the time because in the end God is not going to put more on you than you can bear.
It has not been easy but it has been worth it and what I have taken away from it personally; an increase in self-esteem, determination, and a resilience to be great, no matter the setback!  It all allows me to keep pushing, keep growing and save women from their expensive jewelry habits $5 at a time!  
Dare to Be just who you are this #DaringDecember16 and move forward into the new year.  If you've been thinking about something for a long time that would bring you joy, take the leap and jump! 
Be Well, Be Blessed, Be Whole
Kia Wormsley
 #DaringDecember16,


Comments