NowNovember17: Crystal Ervin-Young

Hello World!

Now November.

This is my favorite time of the year as a Scribe Coach. Every November since 2015 I have opened up my blog to give writers an opportunity to interpret the words "Now November." Scribes who have worked with me and people interested in writing have shared powerful thoughts on what the month of November brings into their lives. In years past we have learned how the month of November can either be a welcome guest or a time of retreat and reflection. 

We have always reflected on the power of our moment in time - the Now in November. Crystal Ervin-Young is our first featured guest of the year. Here is her welcome mat to November 2017:
_________________________________

Ahhh November. While some people are mourning the Summer Sizzle, I am celebrating the Fall Breeze, changing leaves, fresh crisp air and smells of cinnamon and pine. This time of year brings me so much joy and excitement. My oven is in overload from baking cookies, cakes and stuffed apples to enjoy with peppermint tea or homemade cocoa when its too cold to go outside.
Putting on my boots and scarves reminds me of my grandmother's hugs -  soft and snuggly. My emotions filter over to my kids as they know this is Mama's favorite time of year and they are happy in my happiness. They know just like everyone else our house will be filled with smells of vanilla, ham and chocolate. It will be filled with people coming to get full and be filled with laughter and love. 

AHHH November, Hello Boo Thang . . . I missed You.
Crystal Ervin-Young lives in Philadelphia with her husband, seven kids, two dogs, two geckos and one cat. Writing and cooking are therapeutic for her.

Thank you Crystal, now I want to some hot cocoa.

NowNovember17,


Comments