#DaringDecember17: Jai Robin

Hello Scribes,

As a Scribe Coach, I want to help people find the courage to speak up and speak out. I dared you to tell your story in #DaringDecember17 and it excites me that so many of you are pouring out yourselves onto paper. Let's hear from Jai Robin. You may remember her from #NowNovember17. Here is her revelation for #DaringDecember15 and the new reflection for #DaringDecember17:


In #NowNovember17 I wrote about being lonely, battling fibromyalgia and depression. By the end of the month, I realized that I no longer wanted to accept that seasonal depression would give me the blues. I chose not to stay in the sunken place. I decided to challenge myself to appreciate my “lone” state and take time to love me more. 

Here are more of my declarations:
·       I will push past physical pains surging through my body and live every day to its fullest potential. 
·       I will get out of bed when I want to lie there. 
·       I will challenge myself to think differently about my circumstances. 
·       I will see hard times as pruning season for my breakthrough. 
·       I will see hope after feeling hopeless. 
·       I will have tough conversations. 
·       I will acknowledge the things that are keeping me bound. 
·       I will set boundaries and I will begin to put me first. 
·       I will come to the revelation that I am still allowing myself to be open for someone who does not deserve my love and loyalty. I will say to myself, "Twenty-two years was half my life and too much time to continue to give to someone who is willing to give me less than half my worth."
·       I will have life spoken into me and people will encourage me in my self-discovery.
·       I will look at myself, smile from my soul and declare my badness! 

I finally feel free and it feels amazing! I feel God’s love around me and shout victory that He is turning my mourning into dancing. I am dancing and I no longer care who is watching - I no longer need their validation. I am loving, adoring and believing in myself. I have a voice and I want to be a vessel to transform other women’s lives. I want to be bold in knowing that while it was painful, my story had a purpose. I was built strong enough to endure. I was shining this whole time! I am precious to Him who created me! 

My Momma says, “You’re a strong black woman child. Require more.” She prays and lifts up battle cries for me. Momma tells me I will be ok, and like an infant feels the warmth in its mother’s arms, I feel her love and strength from across the state. We are connected by blood and because of mutual life experiences. She imparts wisdom and encourages me to fight. "How much longer do you want to be a victim? Get up every day and give the world your black girl magic." I dare to want more for myself and I know my Momma sees my shine. I will do the same for my daughters, teaching them life may knock them down but they can't stay down long. I dare to tell them to love themselves and they are special to me.  

 I will love the smile I adorned on my face. I will see the glimmer in my eyes. I will feel a shift in my spirit. I dare you to do the same.

Thank you Jai Robin. We all need to write declarations and be more daring to live in our strength. 

Comments