#NowNovember16: LaDina Anderson

Hello Scribes,

What kinds of thoughts occupy your mind when you are encouraging yourself, even through tough times? LaDina Anderson shares what it means to be an upright woman, even through difficulty:

LaDina Anderson, MSW is a woman of God who is walking in her purpose.
She is the author of Killing Grace: A Rise of Restoration, a book discussing her testimony.
LaDina is excited about what God is doing in this season of her life.

#NowNovember16
I often meditate on the words, “I’m a UPRIGHT WOMAN.” When I first heard these words, I readily received them but for a motive of self-righteousness. I had been betrayed and lied to and I felt those words were saying to me, “They were wrong and you were right.” It is true, I may have been legitimately wronged; however, I do not have the right to make myself righteous at the expense of someone else’s sin. 
God used that experience to remind me of a skit I wrote many years ago called “You’re Not So Righteous.” The script was about a girl who thought she was better than others. The main character was not grasping the revelation that every believer is declared righteous because of the Blood of Christ Jesus. She later repented when she realized the truth. I, that girl, have done the same. I don’t want to consider myself so righteous that I forget the sacrifice that has been made for me to even walk upright in the first place. This has been a humbling experience. Betrayal, lies from others and myself to myself helped me realize I’m not so righteous. I am an UPRIGHT WOMAN because I allow the Holy Spirit that resides in me to lead me in the right path for His namesake. 
Those who have lied to me and betrayed me are UPRIGHT TOO - they just haven’t caught the revelation yet. Because of the UPRIGHTNESS I walk in, I pray they will see, hear and experience the love that CHRIST freely gives to those who struggle with the walk. I pray the Holy Spirit will have them freedom to live out what God has purposed for them, as he does with me. Together, we won’t hold on to the pain we’ve caused others but we will do the following things: 
  • Repent of our actions to God and those we have offended (if we can)
  • Receive God's forgiveness, and 
  • Remain on the path. 
#NowNovember16 you are an UPRIGHT WOMAN. You are an UPRIGHT MAN. 

#NowNovember16, straighten your back and walk upright,

Comments