#NowNovember16: Diana Lowe

Hello Scribes,

Thank you Diana Lowe for writing through the pain and being an example of vulnerability. You have shared about fire (her own words) and dared us to do more in December. This #NowNovember16 is challenging for many people who have to endure it through the loss of a family member during the holiday season:

Diana Lowe is the President and CEO of Humbly At Your Service.
She is the mother of two amazing young men and enjoys spending time with those she loves.  
It’s #nowNovember, 13 months since you fell ill and were admitted in the hospital. You were supposed to only be there a few days-a few weeks at the most-raising hell and aggravating the staff like only you can. I kept waiting for you to get up and amaze the doctors like you had done so many times before. 
It’s #nowNovember, 11 months since I realized you wouldn’t be coming home. I took turns sitting by your side, talking and sharing stories of the good ole days. I learned things about you I never knew before; some things I wish I could unlearn, other things I wish I could learn more about.
It’s #nowNovember, 9 months since I watched you take your last breath while your favorite hymns were being sung. You waited until I got there, thank you.
It’s #nowNovember, 7 months since your birthday. Believe it or not the government finally listened to you and moved tax day to a different day. It was the 18th this year. Don't be smart daddy I know it's too late now. 
It’s #nowNovember16, your favorite time of year. I laugh thinking about those nuts sitting on the coffee table untouched and that filled Christmas candy in the tin can that clumps into one blob because no one actually ate it, ever. I think about you a lot. I’m glad you’re not suffering anymore although I wish you were still here. There are things I want to say and things I want to hear you say. Like "baby girl" and "tweety bird" and "I love you." I don’t know how long tears will fall without prompting or permission. Nor do I know how long random songs will play in my head making me laugh and dance. I don’t know when it’ll be OK but I do know that I’ll be OK.
 NowNovember16, we take one day at a time. That helps us be okay,

Comments