#NowNovember16: Lessons Learned

Hello Scribes,

Well, it is now #DaringDecember. #NowNovember16 has taught us some hard lessons. It was like the teacher we love to hate who forced us to identify with life's lessons. Here is a recap:




A. James, our youngest contributor shared her experience with asthma and how she feels fighting to breathe, "Sometimes I feel like a blobfish. . ." We have another chance to breathe.








Tirzha Moore talked about back surgery and living with a scar, "I will take a limp over back pain any day." We may walk with a limp but we must remember that we have been healed.








Shontel Stanford shared her #abortionstory of love and grace, "I was not ready for another child and then I found out I was pregnant." We learned that babies serve a purpose.









Taurus Blannon gave us a lesson about his muse Prince. "My introduction to Prince was at eight years old when I started digging through my Dad’s crates of vinyl records." We discussed listening to our favorite song and writing about how it influences us.









Gloria James reminded us to take time for ourselves when she wrote, "Saving myself becomes a necessary truth." We must think about ways we are overextending ourselves in order to regain balance.






Amy Boyd introduced us to the impact of grief, as the burn, "The 28th of every month, standing by the clock waiting for 5:19...the burn." When grief greets us we must feel the burn and keep walking through it.









Kia Richardson issued us a challenge, "I challenge you to do four life-changing things that will cause instant relief in your mind, body and soul." We recognized that it is time to try something new in order to experience independence day.


Nneka Carter opened up our hearts to the power and impact of love, "I told Reginald that my goal was to love him more than anybody else could or did. " Love is powerful enough to lift us and help us keep walking.







LaDina Anderson taught us about humility,"I do not have the right to make myself righteous at the expense of someone else's sin." We learned to straighten our backs and walk as an UPRIGHT Man/Woman.










Kara Pennybaker highlighted the importance of understanding seasons, ". . .if we do not do our part and pay attention to our season, we might miss the harvest." The lesson was for us take an account of the preparation we must make to move into our next season with ease.








Beth Ruffin gave us one word: REJECTION.  "Let’s be real - rejection is a natural part of life." The wisdom she shared, helped us understand that rejection can shape us and we can apply it properly to help us grow.









Diana Lowe wrote through her burn of missing her father, "I kept waiting for you to get up and amaze the doctors like you had done so many times before." We take one day at a time and that helps us be okay.









Gavita Durham gave us a lot to think about when she inscribed this statement, "In life, we can become victims of our circumstances, or we can stand on the foundation of God and conquer all things." We are grateful for good health and second chances.








Michelle Solomon through her story shared about her faith. "I trusted God to take care of it all, even though I didn't deserve it." We were charged by her to reflect on what we are thankful for every day.





Deatrice Mena lovingly reflected on her son, "On November 27, 2015, my first born child, Cavelle Mena, UNEXPECTEDLY passed his way in his sleep." #Forever19. Our children teach us how to love. Our children deserve our best love.










Joi Hayward was eloquent in her admonition for us, "I . . .encourage you . . .walk in love and fight the good fight of faith without concern of who is with you or against you." As we fight the good fight of faith we understand that God has not forgotten us.








Joi Horton poured out her heart so much that I couldn't capture everything she said. Her heartfelt reflection of #NowNovember16 was simple, "The legacy is love." We appreciated the understanding that it is okay to cry, we never know what may come of our tears.








Jaquan Postell was honest when she spoke about how her Daddy Issues have impacted her relationship with her husband, "I wanted him to be everything that my father refused to be." We are the best of both parents whether we choose to believe it or not, their absence from our lives changes us, yet we are still required to live on purpose.






Scribe Coach Penda James wrapped up #NowNovember16, "I watched my mother and mother in love fight for their lives, the least I can do is live like I have purpose." #NowNovember16, we have all been changed.







Now we invite you to move into #DaringDecember16, with a fresh perspective and action plan to finish this year strong. What are you going to do now?





Comments